Below is a very classic take on chick'n piccata, vegan style.
- 1 package Gardein Chick'n Scallopini, defrosted
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 4 Tbs Earth Balance whipped butter, divided
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup Pinot Grigio, or another white wine for deglazing the pan
- 1 Tbs capers in brine
- 1/2 lemon or 1 Tbs lemon juice
- Linguini, cooked according to package directions.
In a medium saute pan on medium heat, heat the olive oil and 1 Tbs butter until the bubbly. In a flat-bottomed bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and pepper. Coat both sides of the chick'n cutlets and fry in the saute pan on medium heat until brown on both sides. Remove the cutlets from the pan and deglaze the pan with the wine. Reduce the wine by half. Add in the capers, lemon juice, and 2 Tbs butter, and cook until bubbly. Taste and season as needed. Replace the cutlets, turning over into the mixture to coat both sides. Allow the sauce to thicken and add in the last Tbs of butter, swirling it into the sauce. Serve over linguini.
Hope you like it, Jenelle!