- 2 tbs ground flax whisked with 6 tbs warm water
- 1 cup unrefined sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 cup apple butter or 1 cup applesauce, 1/4 tsp cloves, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and an additional 1/4 cup sugar.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
For the honey butter:
- 1.5 cups vegan butter
- 2 Tbs Bee Free Honee Honey
In a small bowl, whisk the flax and warm water together. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350.
Cream together the sugar and vegan butter. Add in the apple butter or the variation of applesauce, cloves, cinnamon and extra sugar. Add in the flax mixture and beat until combined. Add in the baking soda, salt and vanilla and keep beating. Finally, add in the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until well incorporated.
Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan.
Bake at 350 for 55 minutes, or until a pick comes out clean.
Allow to rest for about 20 minutes.
For the honey butter, whisk the vegan butter and the honey together until smooth. Keep covered and refrigerated.
Slather this sweet, sweet nectar onto warm apple loaf slices and enjoy!